Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Who knew?

So here's something fabulous: since I took the time to not only pre-plan all of my meals and snacks for the day but also to recorded them all on the My Nutrition section of Sparkpeople.com, when my coworkers returned from the off site BBQ and brought me a plate (sans meat of course!) I was able to adjust my plan for the day, remove a couple of items and add in a couple of tasty treats and STILL come in well under my max calories for the day. Oh and get this: that included a small piece of German Chocolate Cake. Wow!

One of my favorite quotes (which I've used before on this blog) is posted on a sign in my dad's garage and goes like this: Lack of pre-planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. By adding to my "Before Bed Routine" (thanks Flylady!) the habit of pre-packing my breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the workday I've successfully averted the overeating that surely would have occurred with such fabulous food at my finger tips. Can I get a woop-woop!!!

If you aren't familiar with either the Flylady or Sparkpeople.com, I would highly recommend you check them out. Flylady helps you organize and fluidly run a household and basic life functions. Sparkpeople is an online nutrition, healthy eating, dieting plan (if you so choose), and motivational tool that offers too many resources to list. Oh and the best part about both of these sources? They are FREE!!! Again, who knew?

No comments: