Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mission Not-So-Impossible

I was thinking today that you've all heard several stories now of the real, and at the very least, somewhat amusing experiences in the lives my family and me, so how about some feedback from all of you?

Here's your mission, should you choose to accept it: post a comment describing a funny experience that happened in your family. Was is something with one of your kids? Did you spouse horrify you in public? Did you new puppy run into a neighbor's house and potty on their carpet? (no, that didn't actually happen to me, however my neighbor's horse-sized dog did wander into our new house and 'introduce' himself to us while we were moving in!) It can be anything you can think of and I may very well compile these stories into my next article for More.com's online magazine.

As always thanks so much for your support, for your readership, and for sharing in the experience of my various and sundry ramblings.

Ciao!
Apryl :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two boys - some days I believe they live to embarass me - or at least get even for the time I drove them to school wearing bunny ears at Easter. One of our favorite stories involves Children's Message at church. This is where Pastor calls all of the younger children up front for a message. They really should ban that practice you know.

Pastor was talking about stewardship and helping around the house. He asked the kids if they had jobs and my oldest (4 at the time) raised his hand. I was so proud - I mean what would he say, feed the dog, pick up his room. I could not wait for the wonderful words that I was sure to follow.

When pastor called on him, Charlie proudly proclaimed that it was his job to "Get Daddy his beer during football games."

Radio silence - all you could hear was the WHACK my hand made on my husband's arm. Then a yelp. Wheenie.

To which pastor proclaimed "Not anymore Charlie." and bit his lip/

To which to whole congregation (600 or so) cracked up.

Apryl Schneider said...

@deanaohara - that was a fantastic story! Our children have such a brilliant plot to rat us out at the most inoportune times don't they! Thanks so much for sharing.

Apryl :)

Guardianracing.com said...

Now that was funny deanaohara, I can see it how b/c I have been there done that too.